Tire & Wheel Packages at
PLEASE NOTE: We are a
full line dealer for
Call us today for pricing
- Alloy USA
- American Racing
- BFGoodrich Tires
- Doetsch Tech
- Goodyear Tires
- Interco Tires
- JKS Mfg.
- Precision Gear
- Rough Country
- Tom Wood's Custom
12906 Ventura Court
Shakopee, MN 55379
ZJ 5.5" Critical Path Long Arm Kit
Quantity in Basket:
Shipping Weight: 254.00 pounds
We use an exclusive, non-binding, 3 link setup that has
a pair of front long arms that will flex more than you
thought possible. The bushings at the unibody are
greasable and pivot to allow as much suspension travel
as the long arms will allow. We combine it with heavy
duty rear upper and lower control arms that are built to withstand
whatever you can dish out. As always, this kit is 100%
bolt on! NO WELDING OR CUTTING*and only minor drilling
is required for installation. Our unique caster adjustment
bracket allows 7.5° of adjustability, giving
you the easiest installation of any long arm kit
available! You can even keep your stock LCA mounts on the
uniframe if you want.
The question that has you all wondering right now is,
"Why did they make a front only long arm kit for a ZJ?"
The answer is, we did it for a couple of reasons.
1. We wanted to offer a long arm kit to the public
that could be affordable and appealing to the growing
group of off road enthusiasts wheeling their ZJ's.
2. Our real world tests have shown dramatically
increased wheeling ability with this kit installed, even
without a rear long arm system. The XJ crowd has known
for a long time that "front only" long arm kits allow
them traction that would never be possible otherwise.....
and that's with leaf springs in the rear!
- Articulation is amazing with this kit. You will easily use the complete travel your shock absorbers allow. For the maximum shock length, choose the DT8000's and add some bar pin eliminators in the front of your ZJ!
- Capability versus stock is unbelievable. Not only are you 5.5" + tire size higher off the ground, but you have a suspension designed to conform to boulder strewn trails. Keeping your tires on the ground always equates to more traction, even without lockers. Traction is the key to off road capability, and you'll have a ton with this suspension.
- Clearance is important in so many ways, we sometimes forget what it does for us. We're not just talking about the extra 5.5" the new coils will give you, but the other clearance sensitive parts too. The front long arms are designed to fit without tire interference up to 37"+ (tested thoroughly with 37x12.5x17 Goodyear MT/R tires on 17x8 wheels with 4" backspacing on 7" lift). That means you can turn lock to lock in any suspension position without fear that your tires will rub on the control arms. Didn't think that was possible with 37's, did you? The front subframe gains roughly 2" of ground clearance over the factory transmission crossmember!! A better breakover angle results and greatly reduces the possibility of high-centering. The front long arms are mounted as high as possible in the subframe so they are also super high clearance. NOTE: 37" tires requires major fender trimming. Our tests were to conclusively prove that 37" tires will clear the control arms when turning. We recommend 33" tires with this suspension kit.
- Streetability is always important to our design process. This suspension had to feel and perform immaculately on the street before we gave it our stamp of approval. Even at 5.5" of lift you'll be completely impressed with the ride as you're cruising the interstate at 70 mph.
- Durability makes this kit shine. Every part we manufacture is strong enough to hold up to anything you put in front of it. We use high quality thick wall D.O.M. and cold rolled solid steel for our control arms and track bars. All our subframe and bracket material is precision laser cut and formed from 1/4" steel plate. Needless to say, it's built to withstand a lifetime of abuse. We guarantee it.
That pretty much sums it up. This is the one off the shelf
kit that will offer you all of these things and more in
one complete package. Try to find another kit that will give
you even close to the same overall performance. Seriously
compare this kit to anything else out there.
- This kit is 100% bolt on!! Strength is not compromised
with this value added design feature. However, for those of you still
concerned about strength, you can weld the subframe in
or bolt AND weld them in (welding to the uniframe is complicated and
should be done by an experienced professional welder). The choice is yours.
- The front subframe is assembled from 3 pieces.
This will allow you to remove the center section for transmission/t-case
access while leaving the front suspension (long arms) installed.
- If your ZJ has the CV (with rubber boots) front driveshaft,
you may need to convert to the double cardan style to accommodate
the lift height. Your rear driveshaft will work with this
- We do offer a heavy duty SYE for the 231 transfer case
and a hack-n-tap SYE for the 231 and 242. Using a slip yoke
eliminator has been proven to reduce and/or eliminate vibrations
that may occur with taller lifts.
- Front and rear coil springs
- Front high clearance subframe assembly
- Front long arm system with Iron Y
- Rear heavy duty upper and lower control arms.
- Heavy Duty Double shear track bar conversion (front)
- Heavy Duty Rear adjustable track bar
- Front and rear shock absorbers
- Heavy duty extended front sway bar links
- Rear extended length sway bar links
- Extended length stainless steel brake hoses
- Coil spring retainers
- All necessary hardware
- Installation instructions
Adjustable length long arms are available upon request for an additional $100.
We will need to know if you have the 2 hole or the 4 hole
transmission mount in order to get you the correct subframe.
See the photos here for reference:
2 hole subframe
4 hole subframe
IMPORTANT INSTALLATION NOTE: It is becoming quite common
to swap a High Pinion Dana 30 from an XJ Cherokee into the
ZJ to improve both driveshaft angles and strength. If you
have swapped, or plan on doing this swap at the time you are
installing your long arms, you will need to let us know. The
reason for this is because the XJ and ZJ front axles DO NOT
have the same mounting positions for the control arms. The
ZJ long arms WILL bolt up to the XJ axle, but you will not
have a desirable range of caster adjustment. Therefore, the
ideal solution is to use the XJ long arms when you are also
using the XJ High Pinion Dana 30 axle. Check the appropriate
box above to tell us that you will need the XJ arms.
XJ / ZJ Coil Spring Isolator, pair