The question that has you all wondering right now is, "Why did they make a front only long arm kit for a ZJ?" The answer is, we did it for a couple of reasons. 1. We wanted to offer a long arm kit to the public that could be affordable and appealing to the growing group of off road enthusiasts wheeling their ZJ's. 2. Our real world tests have shown dramatically increased wheeling ability with this kit installed, even without a rear long arm system. The XJ crowd has known for a long time that "front only" long arm kits allow them traction that would never be possible otherwise.....and that's with leaf springs in the rear!
- Articulation is amazing with this kit. You will easily use the complete travel your shock absorbers allow. For the maximum shock length, choose the DT8000's and add some bar pin eliminators in the front of your ZJ!
- Capability versus stock is unbelievable. Not only are you 7" + tire size higher off the ground, but you have a suspension designed to conform to boulder strewn trails. Keeping your tires on the ground always equates to more traction, even without lockers. Traction is the key to off road capability, and you'll have a ton with this suspension.
- Clearance is important in so many ways, we sometimes forget what it does for us. We're not just talking about the extra 7" the new coils will give you, but the other clearance sensitive parts too. The front long arms are designed to fit without tire interference up to 37"+ (tested thoroughly with 37x12.5x17 Goodyear MT/R tires on 17x8 wheels with 4" backspacing on 7" lift). That means you can turn lock to lock in any suspension position without fear that your tires will rub on the control arms. Didn't think that was possible with 37's, did you? The front subframe gains roughly 2" of ground clearance over the factory transmission crossmember!! A better breakover angle results and greatly reduces the possibility of high-centering. The front long arms are mounted as high as possible in the subframe so they are also super high clearance. NOTE: 37" tires requires major fender trimming. Our tests were to conclusively prove that 37" tires will clear the control arms when turning. We recommend 35" tires with this suspension kit (with trimming).
- Streetability is always important to our design process. This suspension had to feel and perform immaculately on the street before we gave it our stamp of approval. Even at 7" of lift you'll be completely impressed with the ride as you're cruising the interstate at 70 mph.
- Durability makes this kit shine. Every part we manufacture is strong enough to hold up to anything you put in front of it. We use high quality thick wall D.O.M. and cold rolled solid steel for our control arms and track bars. All our subframe and bracket material is precision laser cut and formed from 1/4" steel plate. Needless to say, it's built to withstand a lifetime of abuse. We guarantee it.
That pretty much sums it up. This is the one off the shelf kit that will offer you all of these things and more in one complete package. Try to find another kit that will give you even close to the same overall performance. Seriouslycompare this kit to anything else out there.
- INSTALLATION NOTES:
- This kit is 100% bolt on!! Strength is not compromisedwith this value added design feature. However, for those of you stillconcerned about strength, you can weld the subframe inor bolt AND weld them in (welding to the uniframe is complicated and should be done by an experienced professional welder). The choice is yours.
- The front subframe is assembled from 3 pieces. This will allow you to remove the center section for transmission/t-caseaccess while leaving the front suspension (long arms) installed.
- If your ZJ has the CV (with rubber boots) front driveshaft,you will need to convert to the double cardan style to accommodatethe lift height. Your rear driveshaft will work with this kit but a slip yoke eliminator is recommended.
- We do offer a heavy duty SYE for the 231 transfer caseand a hack-n-tap SYE for the 231 and 242. Using a slip yokeeliminator has been proven to reduce and/or eliminate vibrationsthat may occur with taller lifts.
- Front and rear coil springs
- Front high clearance subframe assembly
- Front long arm system with Iron Y
- Rear heavy duty ADJUSTABLE upper and lower control arms.
- Heavy Duty Double shear track bar conversion (front)
- Heavy Duty Rear adjustable track bar
- Front and rear shock absorbers
- Heavy duty extended front sway bar links
- Rear extended length sway bar links
- Extended length stainless steel brake hoses
- Coil spring retainers
- Drop pitman arm
- All necessary hardware
- Detailed Installation Instructions
Adjustable length long arms are available upon request for an additional $100.
We will need to know if you have the 2 hole or the 4 hole transmission mount in order to get you the correct subframe.See the photos here for reference:
IMPORTANT INSTALLATION NOTE: It is becoming quite commonto swap a High Pinion Dana 30 from an XJ Cherokee into theZJ to improve both driveshaft angles and strength. If you have swapped, or plan on doing this swap at the time you areinstalling your long arms, you will need to let us know. The reason for this is because the XJ and ZJ front axles DO NOThave the same mounting positions for the control arms. TheZJ long arms WILL bolt up to the XJ axle, but you will nothave a desirable range of caster adjustment. Therefore, theideal solution is to use the XJ long arms when you are also using the XJ High Pinion Dana 30 axle. Check the appropriate box above to tell us that you will need the XJ arms.
Recommended wheel backspacing: 4.5"
TRIMMING MAY BE REQUIRED
Larger tire sizes possible with bumper/fender trimming and/or extended bump stops.
Estimated Installation Time: 9-11hrs
Difficulty Level: 3
1 - Kit includes basic components.
2 - Kit includes little to no adjustable components.
3 - Kit includes many adjustable components; may require drilling/cutting.
4 - Kit includes many adjustable components; requires welding; may require drilling/cutting.
NOTE - Labor Time and Difficulty Level assumes vehicle and/or hardware is in good condition.
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!