1/2" BOLT OPTION ALSO AVAILABLE.
Expect your weak factory steering system to fail if you wheel difficult terrain where rocks are common and logs jump up at your underbelly. A bent or broken tie rod, drag link,or rod end will leave you stranded with a rig that is not drivable.
Here's the BOLT IN steering upgrade you need to prevent this situation from ever happening to you. This is a complete system to eliminate the factory set up. Your factory steering is not built for hard core wheeling. Our system is super high clearance, flipping the tie rod to the top of your steering knuckles. Our Heavy Duty Over the Knuckle Steering System comes with:
- Extremely Heavy Duty RIGHT HAND DRIVE 1.25" solid cold rolled steel tie rod (wheel to wheel)
- Extremely Heavy Duty RIGHT HAND DRIVE 1.25" solid cold rolled steel drag link
- Very high quality, HUGE 3/4" threads, precision machined, spherical rod ends featuring a radial static load capacity of 32,457 lbs.!!!! Tie rod and drag link use 3/4"-16 thread.
- Precision machined adjusting sleeve
- All Necessary Hardware including jam nuts
- Detailed Installation Instructions
- 1993-1998 RHD Grand Cherokee ZJ
- 1984-2001 RHD Cherokee XJ
- Works with 3-8in of lift
NOTE: This kit comes with 5/8" grade 8 hardware. Detailed Installation instructions
This system does not work with OEM wheels. Wheel spacersor wheels with less than stock backspacing (4.5" maximum backspacing) are required.
Estimated Installation Time: 3hrs
Difficulty Level: 3
1 - Kit includes basic components.
2 - Kit includes little to no adjustable components.
3 - Kit includes many adjustable components; may require drilling/cutting.
4 - Kit includes many adjustable components; requires welding; may require drilling/cutting.
NOTE - Labor Time and Difficulty Level assumes vehicle and/or hardware is in good condition.
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!