out of 5
Would recommend this product.
- Do you want to run 4.5" of lift or more on your Cherokee?
- Does your lifted Cherokee have a vibration during accelerating or when driving at highway speeds?
- Do you need a slip yoke eliminator to ensure vibration free highway driving?
- Do you hate transfer case drops because they solve vibrations, but rob ground clearance?
- Do you want to add 1" more ground clearance under the belly of your Jeep where you need it most?
- Did your lift kit come with plastic transfer case drop spacers and you're a little nervous about that?
- Do you just hate slip yokes? I mean really, what was Jeep thinking?
- Are you on a tight budget?
Your friends may tell you that this solution isn't as strong as a heavy duty slip yoke eliminator kit with a new 32 spline output shaft. This is true; our hack-n-tap kit retains the stock 27 spline output shaft, however people have been wheeling very successfully on the stock 27 spline output shaft for many years. Of course if you want the the heavy duty version check it out here, but if you want a budget friendly permanent solution click "add to basket" and we'll ship one out to you right away. You know you want one!! Get rid of that clearance robbing t-case drop and having nothing standing in the way of lifting your Jeep as tall as you want to.
Why do you need this kit?
- Cures driveline vibration caused by lifting a Cherokee 4 1/2" or more.
- Allows you to remove your transfer case drop, gaining you 1" of ground clearance or more, right under the belly of the beast where you need it most! This also moves your transfer case further away from the rocks and allows you to raise your t-case skid plate (if equipped).
- Great for running a lower lift heights to avoid dropping your transfer case.
- Wow, it's so inexpensive!
- Great for tall lift kits where a transfer case drop just isn't enough.
- Installation is easy compared to kits that include a new output shaft.
- It just plain works great!
- You can often use another XJ front driveshaft with this yoke! That means your front and rear driveshafts will be identical!
- 1310 CV transfer case yoke
- Installation hardware
- Detailed Installation Instructions
- All 96 and newer XJ Jeep Cherokee's and 95 and older XJ's when using the seal flange (sold separately as an option above)
*231 transfer cases with the 3 hole mounting seal housing will need the seal flange sold as an option above. This is typically found on older 231 cases(generally pre-1996). If you are not sure, please look at the back of your transfer case before ordering. If you are still unsure after looking, please call us.
- ZJ and WJ Grand Cherokee 242 transfer cases
Verify your 242 case has the 27 spline output shaft. These applications will require a custom length driveshaft. Please call us for details.
- ZJ and WJ Grand Cherokee 247/249 transfer cases
These applications use a case hardened output shaft in the transfer case. This can make it difficult to drill and tap successfully without the proper equipment. A custom length driveshaft will be required for this application as well.
- Fits vehicles that have the AX-5/AX-15 manual trans. A custom shaft could be necessary in these vehicles.
- Other Fitments: NP233C
- Cutting, drilling, and tapping required. 3/8-16 hand tap, 1/4" and 5/16" drill bits required. The transfer case output shaft is case hardened, so be sure to cut off the entire pilot hole (or you will need a carbide drill bit).
- WHAT DRIVESHAFT TO USE: This kit is designed to use a factory front Jeep Cherokee driveshaft. A factory XJ front shaft can be found at your local salvage yard for as low as $15! Iron Rock Off Road also sells this kit with the option of adding a brand new custom heavy duty driveshaft. This option can be found in the drop down list at the top of this product page.
- XJ's with over 6.5" lift may require a custom driveshaft. To be certain, you must measure per the instructions. If you are not sure if this will work on your Jeep, please measure per the instructions before ordering.
- Not all XJ's have the ability to utilize the front driveshaft in the rear. Please review the instructions prior to installation.
Estimated Installation Time: 2hrs
Difficulty Level: 3
1 - Kit includes basic components.
2 - Kit includes little to no adjustable components.
3 - Kit includes many adjustable components; may require drilling/cutting.
4 - Kit includes many adjustable components; requires welding; may require drilling/cutting.
NOTE - Labor Time and Difficulty Level assumes vehicle and/or hardware is in good condition.