Anchor Mount Features & Benefits
- Both natural & SBR (Styrene Butadiene) rubber provide good abrasion resistance and aging stability to ensure maximum life & performance
- All Rubber material is manufactured to specific Durometer (hardness) measurements based on the vehicle's application requirements
- Any included fasteners are made of hardened steel with heat treated Grade # 5 bolts
- A special Chemlock® bonding agent is used to ensure a superior rubber-to-metal bond
Two Person Test: (Note: all engines rotate slightly opposite to the direction of the crankshaft rotation. Two people are usually required for this test: one to operate the vehicle and the other to observe the engine and mount.)
- Have an assistant start the engine and apply the parking brake. While still applying the brakes, put the transmission in gear (drive) and slightly increase the engine throttle. A severely worn or broken mount will cause excessive engine movement, sometimes as much as several inches if the engine lifts off the mount.
- Next, check the mounts on the other side of the engine. Once again, have an assistant start the engine and apply the parking brake. While still applying the brakes, put the transmission in reverse, and slightly increase the engine throttle. Look for excessive engine movement on the other side.
- Visually inspect mounts for cracking, loose or broken brackets, bolts or collapsed rubber cushions and fluid leaks. A pry bar can be used to easily check for separated or broken mounts.
- Apply one end of the pry bar to the base of the engine by the motor mount and gradually lift the engine. If you see any cracking or separation in the rubber or broken brackets, the mount needs to be replaced.
- Whenever the engine and/or transmission are removed for service, the mounts should always be replaced.
- Inspect the condition of the mounts every time a vehicle is on a lift. It can solve potential serious problems and repairs down the road.
- Leaking hydraulic fluid from a mount indicates a hydraulic mount has failed and must be replaced.
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!