Would you like to put a JK Dana 44 front axle under your XJ/TJ/LJ/ZJ? Iron Rock Off Road has engineered a swap truss that makes this swap simple.
Why would you want to do this swap?
- It's a Mammoth strength upgrade. Your Dana 30 ring gear is 7.125" and the JK axle is 8.5"
- Huge braking upgrade
- 5" width gain for better stability and lower center of gravity
- High pinion JK 44's deliver huge driveshaft angle reduction when compared to standard Dana 30 low pinion axles
Key Product Features:
- Coil pad locations optimized for the XJ/ZJ/TJ/LJ
- Integrated coil retainer plates
- High strength/low profile C to C truss
- Upper and lower C gussets
- Combination of 3/16",1/4", and 3/8" thick plate steel
- Tab and slot construction for easy assembly
- Shock mounts are moved outboard and eliminate bar pins
- Lower control arm brackets are super high clearance, tucked up to the bottom of the main axle tube
Key Product Notes:
- This swap requires a custom track bar and steering drag link
- Requires 5 on 5 wheels or wheel spacer adapters and 17" diameter wheels (we have fit some 16s)
- Works with short arm kits, and IRO ROCK-LINK long arm kits.
Detailed Installation Instructions
Estimated Installation Time: 4-6hrs - does not include time for axle removal and installation
Difficulty Level: 4
1 - Kit includes basic components.
2 - Kit includes little to no adjustable components.
3 - Kit includes many adjustable components; may require drilling/cutting.
4 - Kit includes many adjustable components; requires welding; may require drilling/cutting.
NOTE - Labor Time and Difficulty Level assumes vehicle and/or hardware is in good condition.