NOW EVEN STRONGER - 5/8" BOLT OPTION ALSO AVAILABLE!
Expect your weak factory steering system to fail if you wheeldifficult terrain where rocks are common and logs jumpup at your underbelly. A bent or broken tie rod, drag link,or rod end will leave you stranded with a rig that is not drivable.
Here's the BOLT IN steering upgrade you need to prevent this situationfrom ever happening to you. This is a complete system to eliminate the factory set up. Your factory steering is not built for hard corewheeling. Our system is super high clearance, flipping thetie rod to the top of your steering knuckles without having to do any drilling, reaming, or welding in adapters! Our Heavy Duty Over the KnuckleSteering System comes with:
- Extremely Heavy Duty RIGHT HAND DRIVE 1.25" solid cold rolled steel tie rod (wheel to wheel)
- Extremely Heavy Duty RIGHT HAND DRIVE 1.25" solid cold rolled steel drag link
- Very high quality, HUGE 3/4" threads, precision machined, spherical rod ends featuring a radial static load capacity of 32,457 lbs.!!!! Tie rod and drag link use 3/4"-16 thread.
- Precision machined adjusting sleeve
- All Necessary Hardware including jam nuts
- Detailed Instructions
- 1997-2006 RHD Wrangler TJ
- 1993-1998 RHD Grand Cherokee ZJ
- 1984-2001 RHD Cherokee XJ
NOTE: This kit comes with 1/2" grade 8 hardware. We have the option to upgrade to 5/8" grade 8 hardware for an even stronger set up for only $20.00! This option does require drilling of yoursteering knuckles and pitman arm tapers for 5/8" bolts. Detailed Installation instructions
This system does not work with OEM wheels. Wheel spacersor wheels with less than stock backspacing (4.5" maximum backspacing) are required.
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!